The pair of statues is famously known as Jhitku Mitki, a tribal love couple who became eternal with their love for each other. The couple epitomizes true love couple!
Total weight of the statues: 1400 g
About this item:
- Item Dimensions: Height 11 inch, Base Width 3 inch
- Included Components: one pair of Jhitku Mitki
- Special Feature: Handmade using Brass metal in Dhokra Metal Craft
- Care Instructions: Clean with a dry cotton cloth
- Specific Uses for Product: A perfect and sleek decor piece for your personal and professional decor spaces
Story Behind the Couple Statue:
The figure represents a couple who were in love, popularly known as Jhitku Mitki in the region. According to local stories:
'Mitki' was the sister of seven brothers of a 'Gond' family that lived in a village in Central India . As the brothers had huge affection for her only sister, they did not want to let her settle in spouse’s home and instead wanted her to stay in their home after marriage. Hence, her brother 'Lamsena' brought a youth 'Jhitku' to home for marrying 'Mitki'.
‘Jhitku’ earned his living by playing a musical instrument on the streets of the village. Hence, the statues hold musical instruments. Both fell in love but one day her brothers dreamt that the Goddess was demanding sacrifice. On not finding anyone, they sacrificed 'Jhitku'. 'Mitki' could not bear the separation and took her life. The Tribals believe that their 'mannats’ (desires)' get fulfilled by worshipping 'Jhitku Mitki'.